Saturday, April 2, 2011

Journal Entry 1: Signs that tell you what to do

The DO NOT ENTER sign uses a bold sans serif font. This is right outside my apartment. I picked this because I see it every day. My reaction to this sign is that it is very assertive. It is almost offending since I see it everyday. It reminds me that I don't always have freedom. 

 Two hour parking only sign. This was found in downtown Flagstaff. It was picked because it is a commonly seen sign. The sign uses red against white so it will be easily read. People cant use the "I didn't see the sign" excuse to get out of a ticket.

Pet Waste sign. Found outside of my apartment. This sign is green. probably because it is an environmental sign? This small sign tells a lot of information so It uses a graphic to help the reader see what it is about with just a glance

No comments:

Post a Comment